Project No 1
Goals of Project No 1:
By exploring global experience on the conception, diagnosis and intervention of balance disorder consequences, to carry out:
- interdisciplinary research of the situation in educational institutions of Latgale region, identifying consequences caused by balance disorders in students with different mental health and developmental disabilities, creating new knowledge and theoretical base for the implementation of the Project No 2 according to the knowledge geography of the project research field;
implementation of the outcomes in the regions of Latvia, based on the needs of national economy and provision of the link between science, practice and society in the aspect of social rehabilitation / telerehabilitation.
Objectives of Project No 1:
- To facilitate RHEI, LU, LiepU, RTU scientific effectiveness by involving young scientists, PhD students and Master's students in research and achievement of performance indicators to create a world level innovations, according to the Smart Specialization Strategy.
- To carry out interdisciplinary scientific research on balance disorders in students with disabilities and mental health disorders and the resulting consequences, including the decrease of an individual's mobility, physical and social activities, their frequency and correction opportunities for sustainable development of the society and the improvement of public health in the context of inclusive education.
- To ensure the transfer of innovations and practical effectiveness of institutions by studying the situation in educational institutions of Latgale region through the elaborated prototype of balance function developing system for the development, approbation and implementation of innovative social rehabilitation/ telerehabilitation methodologies in the context of inclusive education and their implementation in the schools of Latvia, involving RHEI, University of Latvia, Liepaja University and partners from different fields of national economy and foreign experts.
- To develop a material of interdisciplinary content and innovative methods and technologies for implementation in the e-environment of educational process and policy.
- To develop recommendations for policy makers - Special Education Unit of the NCE, State Pedagogical Medical Commission for the introduction of the material with interdisciplinary content, innovative methods and technologies in the educational process and policy.
- To implement the outcomes in the schools of Latvia in collaboration with Special Education Unit of the NCE, State Pedagogical Medical Commission and Municipal Pedagogical Medical Commission of Latvia.
To implement interactive/educational and society awareness-raising social rehabilitation /telerehabilitation measures in cooperation with the partners from different fields of the national economy/local municipalities, thus contributing to the formation of the link between science, practice and society for the sustainable development in the single European space.
Short description of activities of Project No 1:
Planned project activities (theoretical research on the experience of European countries and world, acquisition of good practice, interdisciplinary situation research in educational institutions of Latgale region, which can be applied to the whole situation in Latvia, advanced diagnostic technologies, materials with interdisciplinary content and innovative methods and technologies for the development and implementation in education processes and policies in collaboration with the Special Education Unit of the NCE, State Pedagogical Medical Commission and Municipal Pedagogical Medical Commissions of Latvia, corporations, social services, provision of information and education to the staff of educational institutions on the balance disorder consequences in students with mental health and development disabilities in learning process, preventive measures and activities for the mitigation of possible consequences) directly comply with the general and specific objectives of the programme, providing the accomplishment of the scheduled objectives and goals.
Project outcomes are scientific, as theoretical and practical scientific research is carried out on the global achievements in the implementation of inclusive education, including the aspect of consequences caused by balance disorders and the identification of the consequences using modern technologies, elaborating materials with interdisciplinary content and innovative methods and technologies for their implementation in education process, environment and politics, informing the society of Latvia about the outcomes.
The project outcomes are of practical significance, since on the basis of the research, highlighting and focussing attention of society, school staff and specialists on the problem of balance disorder consequences in the educational process related to learners with mental health disorders and developmental disabilities, which are some of the most threatening conditions that can affect person’s quality of life, as well as the opportunities of reducing them, during the further implementation of the programme the development and testing of new technologies, introduction of the developed materials with the interdisciplinary content and innovative methods and technologies in the schools of Latvia, will improve the situation of learners and teachers, based on the principles of the national and societal sustainability and implementation of inclusive society and inclusive education as it is defined by the priorities of the National Development Plan of Latvia( NDP ) 2014 - 2020 and in the Education Development Guidelines 2014 - 2020.